These are chat archives for sbt/sbt-native-packager

1st
Sep 2015
Greg BOUGEARD
@gbougeard
Sep 01 2015 10:09
hi, I might do a PR about #558 but in a first time handling only publishLocal. publishis a little bit complex as it needs to handle credentials and push to private repositories. Are you interested?
Josh Suereth
@jsuereth
Sep 01 2015 10:17
Regarding credentials, what http client does it use? Ivy will automatically configure the native JDK one
Gary Coady
@fiadliel
Sep 01 2015 10:33
@gbougeard I think it would be cool. Though I’m concerned by extra dependencies in sbt-native-packager, especially a common one like async-http-client (a lot of people won’t be able to upgrade this library because they’re tied by Play Framework). My preference would be to have it as an external plugin, with some really easy way to enable it.
Greg BOUGEARD
@gbougeard
Sep 01 2015 10:54
@fiadliel I did use spotify docker-client in publishLocal and just needed to add it as depencency (an no other one).
Gary Coady
@fiadliel
Sep 01 2015 10:59
@gbougeard that’s not the problem; it’s when this plugin needs one version of httpclient, and another plugin needs another (incompatible) version; as a required dependency of a popular system like Play, I’d consider it an important thing to bear in mind. Making this functionality optional is a relatively cheap way of providing some extra flexibility around library dependencies. But I’m not a maintainer, it’s just my 2c.
Greg BOUGEARD
@gbougeard
Sep 01 2015 11:36
sbt/sbt-native-packager#658 feel free to comment!
Alex Henning Johannessen
@ahjohannessen
Sep 01 2015 12:47
@muuki88 @jsuereth Here is a minimal repro of the mappings bug when doing universal:stage: https://github.com/ahjohannessen/sbt-native-packager-bug
Nepomuk Seiler
@muuki88
Sep 01 2015 14:08
Awesome. Will take a look ASAP
Alex Henning Johannessen
@ahjohannessen
Sep 01 2015 14:12
@muuki88 It might be caused by the fact that eventstore-client uses withSources for all of its dependencies. I believe updateClassifiers is a more appropriate thing to do than using withSources. Anyway, that setup at least summons the mapping bug. Btw, I have opened an issue to remove withSources from evenstore-client for other reasons.
Furthermore, if you remove the akka-persistence-eventstore dependency from the build then universal:stage does not end up in a mapping error.
Nepomuk Seiler
@muuki88
Sep 01 2015 14:18
The fact that witSources causes so much trouble should definitely be fix on our side. Still strange that other libs put this in there build.sbt files.
Alex Henning Johannessen
@ahjohannessen
Sep 01 2015 16:22
@muuki88 do you have an idea if the bug is in sbt or sbt-native-packager?
Josh Suereth
@jsuereth
Sep 01 2015 17:08
@ahjohannessen it actually could be either