These are chat archives for sbt/sbt
A relaxed chat room about sbt (That interactive build tool). For getting help on sbt, we encourage people to document it on Stackoverflow or subscribing to Lightbend subscription.
Isn’t this the right way to specify arguments in the build file? It works for
javaOptions in run ++= Seq("-Dconfig.file=dev.conf") javaOptions in test ++= Seq("-Dconfig.file=test.conf")
runbut not for
javaOptionswill only have any effect if a new JVM is forked
fork := true. Shoudln’t that fork every task?
fork in run := true fork in test := true
testtask expects to look up the
forksetting in the
> set fork in test := true [info] The new value will be used by no settings or tasks. > set fork in Test := true [info] The new value will be used by test:run::runner, test:testGrouping
test:indicates that it’s a configuration because colon.
testby itself is equivalent to
inspectinstead of just droppping it directly into your build config files. you get a lot more feedback when you’re working interactively
fork in (Test, test) := truebecause as you said,
test:test, but the same delegation doesn’t happen with
IO.copy( file1, file2 )throws if and only if both file1 and file2 are absent, and not just if file1 is absent?
lastoutput what is pulling it in. show dependency-tree doesn’t show the jar I’m looking for, so I think it might be pulled in by an sbt plugin . . . and that’s about as far as I’ve gotten in trying to debug the problem.
but I know it exists on a remote host
have you tried confirming that once by explicitly pulling it through an explicit libraryDependency?
can you supply more details?
Question about caching by sbt and ivy:
Does sbt cache (local) dependencies in some configurations but not others?
Is there any best practice for avoiding local caching by sbt?
I've been going in circles around very odd phenomena, working with interdependent artifacts publishing and resolving from my local ivy for a while (admittedly not a vanilla setup as it involved compiler and sbt plugins sharing some of their library dependencies).
Circumstantially, things seemed to have went back to normal after I cleared my
~/.ivy2/local/ and copies of the same local artifacts that showed up under
~/ivy2/cache (When exactly does ivy cache local dependencies?). Also I found some
.cache files at the root of some of the sbt projects, which I also deleted at the same time.
[info] downloading https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/com/googlecode/javaewah/JavaEWAH/0.7.9/JavaEWAH-0.7.9.jar ... [debug] maven2: downloading https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/com/googlecode/javaewah/JavaEWAH/0.7.9/JavaEWAH-0.7.9.jar [debug] maven2: downloading https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/com/googlecode/javaewah/JavaEWAH/0.7.9/JavaEWAH-0.7.9.jar.sha1 [debug] sha1 OK for https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/com/googlecode/javaewah/JavaEWAH/0.7.9/JavaEWAH-0.7.9.jar [info] [SUCCESSFUL ] com.googlecode.javaewah#JavaEWAH;0.7.9!JavaEWAH.jar(bundle) (128ms) [debug] tried file:/Users/mnakamura/.m2/repository/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpclient/4.1.3/httpclient-4.1.3.jar [warn] [NOT FOUND ] org.apache.httpcomponents#httpclient;4.1.3!httpclient.jar (0ms) [warn] ==== Maven2 Local: tried [warn] file:/Users/mnakamura/.m2/repository/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpclient/4.1.3/httpclient-4.1.3.jar [debug] tried https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.7.2/slf4j-api-1.7.2.jar [info] downloading https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.7.2/slf4j-api-1.7.2.jar ... [debug] maven2: downloading https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.7.2/slf4j-api-1.7.2.jar [debug] maven2: downloading https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.7.2/slf4j-api-1.7.2.jar.sha1 [debug] sha1 OK for https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.7.2/slf4j-api-1.7.2.jar [info] [SUCCESSFUL ] org.slf4j#slf4j-api;1.7.2!slf4j-api.jar (136ms) [debug] tried file:/Users/mnakamura/.m2/repository/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpcore/4.1.4/httpcore-4.1.4.jar [warn] [NOT FOUND ] org.apache.httpcomponents#httpcore;4.1.4!httpcore.jar (1ms) [warn] ==== Maven2 Local: tried [warn] file:/Users/mnakamura/.m2/repository/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpcore/4.1.4/httpcore-4.1.4.jar [debug] tried file:/Users/mnakamura/.m2/repository/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.1/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar [debug] [NOT REQUIRED] commons-logging#commons-logging;1.1.1!commons-logging.jar [debug] tried https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/org/scoverage/scalac-scoverage-plugin_2.10/1.1.0/scalac-scoverage-plugin_2.10-1.1.0.jar [info] downloading https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/org/scoverage/scalac-scoverage-plugin_2.10/1.1.0/scalac-scoverage-plugin_2.10-1.1.0.jar ... [debug] maven2: downloading https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/org/scoverage/scalac-scoverage-plugin_2.10/1.1.0/scalac-scoverage-plugin_2.10-1.1.0.jar [debug] maven2: downloading https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/org/scoverage/scalac-scoverage-plugin_2.10/1.1.0/scalac-scoverage-plugin_2.10-1.1.0.jar.sha1 [debug] sha1 OK for https://artifactory.twitter.biz/repo1.maven.org/org/scoverage/scalac-scoverage-plugin_2.10/1.1.0/scalac-scoverage-plugin_2.10-1.1.0.jar