These are chat archives for sbt/sbt

Apr 2016
InTheNow
@InTheNow
Apr 06 2016 11:44
is pattern matching in val statements in sbt still unsupported and if not, is that likely to change?
ie val (someVar, otherVar) = ...
or more specifically lazy val (coreJVM, coreJS) = ...
InTheNow
@InTheNow
Apr 06 2016 12:13
Or... is it possible to create a project using Project(...) directly rather than going via def project: Project = macro Project.projectMacroImpl
Dale Wijnand
@dwijnand
Apr 06 2016 12:33
I'm keen for allowing pattern matching in sbt, but from the comment it seems to be problematic..
And for your other question that constructor is probably going away soon.. /cc @eed3si9n
InTheNow
@InTheNow
Apr 06 2016 12:41
@dwijnand Thanks. I was only asking about the constructor as I had a nasty suspicion that it might be going on a long vacation.....
Are there any other plans that might prevent something like the following working in a .sbt file ?
def platformM[@module T] = module(CrossType.Dummy)
    .dependsOn(macrosM)
fyi, that expands to:
lazy val platform    = prj(platformM)
lazy val platformJVM = platformM.jvm
lazy val platformJS  = platformM.js
lazy val platformM   = module("platform", CrossType.Dummy)
   .dependsOn(macrosM)
Dale Wijnand
@dwijnand
Apr 06 2016 12:55
no, looks fine
eugene yokota
@eed3si9n
Apr 06 2016 14:14
we removed LHS pattern matching to work around parsing problem iirc
sbt/sbt@ddf8a17
eugene yokota
@eed3si9n
Apr 06 2016 14:20
more details on the linked Github issue - sbt/sbt#1661
Dale Wijnand
@dwijnand
Apr 06 2016 14:29
Personally I feel less strongly for val a, b = ???, can't remember the last time I did that in Scala
is there a way to see on which JVM sbt is currently running?
eugene yokota
@eed3si9n
Apr 06 2016 14:42
ps aux | grep sbt
that just says "java" :-/
eugene yokota
@eed3si9n
Apr 06 2016 14:44
> eval sys.props.toString
I wonder if something is in there?
yes, just did that
or rather, in the console
InTheNow
@InTheNow
Apr 06 2016 14:44
jvisualvm
eugene yokota
@eed3si9n
Apr 06 2016 14:45
run compile and see top ;p
InTheNow
@InTheNow
Apr 06 2016 14:46
jinfo
ok, solved, didn't run the right file :-)
  Command::new("/home/soc/.cache/openjdk-scala-bootstrapper/openjdk-zulu/zulu8.13.0.5-jdk8.0.72-linux_x64/bin/java")
          .arg("-jar").arg("/home/soc/.cache/openjdk-scala-bootstrapper/sbt-launcher/0.13.11/sbt-launch.jar")
          .env("JAVA_HOME", "/home/soc/.cache/openjdk-scala-bootstrapper/openjdk-zulu/zulu8.13.0.5-jdk8.0.72-linux_x64/")
          .status();
this works
Jason Gilanfarr
@jasongilanfarr
Apr 06 2016 22:55
kind of a weird/random question and not really sure how to get around it... but i have a external plugin task that uses FileFunction.cached; (sbt-protobuf), yet, it ultimately calls code in one of my modules that could be recompiled first (custom proto plugin)... I've tried adding a dependency to go delete it's cache directory if the classes in the generator recomiled, but that doesn't seem to do the trick... any ideas outside of rewriting the other plugin?
Jason Gilanfarr
@jasongilanfarr
Apr 06 2016 23:34
PEBKAC - was deleting the wrong cache directory :/
Dmitri Iourovitski
@IoDmitri
Apr 06 2016 23:44
@IoDmitri
I got an issue with Joda--Money
I have both Joda-time and Joda-money but SBT isn't finding joda-money in my project
since there is an org.joda which contains joda time and depdencies
but joda-money gets a seperate folder
which is what Im finding by looking through the finder on my macbook
anyone had this issue before?