Where communities thrive


  • Join over 1.5M+ people
  • Join over 100K+ communities
  • Free without limits
  • Create your own community
People
Activity
  • Dec 04 13:02

    tombaker on master

    Add link to SWIB19 Jupyter note… (compare)

  • Dec 04 10:25

    andrawaag on master

    Update 20191204-agenda.md (compare)

  • Dec 04 10:22

    andrawaag on master

    Update 20191204-agenda.md (compare)

  • Dec 04 10:14

    andrawaag on master

    agenda for the meeting of decem… (compare)

  • Dec 02 17:24
    blake-regalia commented #20
  • Dec 02 10:59
    ericprud commented #19
  • Dec 02 10:46
    ericprud commented #20
  • Nov 30 07:17
    blake-regalia opened #20
  • Nov 30 07:09
    blake-regalia opened #19
  • Nov 25 09:10
    ericprud commented #96
  • Nov 22 09:56

    ericprud on master

    + WebApps section (compare)

  • Nov 20 11:47

    andrawaag on master

    Update 20191120-agenda.md (compare)

  • Nov 20 11:46

    andrawaag on master

    Update 20191120-agenda.md (compare)

  • Nov 20 11:45

    andrawaag on master

    Update 20191120-agenda.md (compare)

  • Nov 20 11:44

    andrawaag on master

    agenda for 20 nov 2019 meeting (compare)

  • Nov 15 13:31

    ericprud on gh-pages

    + credits (compare)

  • Nov 15 10:32

    ericprud on gh-pages

    + credits (compare)

  • Nov 15 10:27

    ericprud on gh-pages

    + credits (compare)

  • Nov 15 10:16

    ericprud on gh-pages

    ~ update content (compare)

  • Nov 15 09:25

    ericprud on gh-pages

    ~ improve markup (compare)

pdehaye
@pdehaye
thanks, @emulatingkat, and sorry to many for pinging them on Twitter as well (didn't get notification for the response here, and am usually not on gitter...)
andrawaag
@andrawaag
@pdehaye Thanks for being so persistent. We should really work on this, because if we want to grow the community, we should also be findable.
pdehaye
@pdehaye
also, i mentioned a paper to some of you at Wikidatacon, it was this one: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1909.04881.pdf
pdehaye
@pdehaye
Thanks to Kat and ericP for the session yesterday. Very interesting. One question we didn't have time to cover:

I modified the Shex tutorial on Wikidata https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Wikidata:WikiProject_Schemas/Tutorial to use a new template called {{ShEx2}}. This template creates a manifest for
ShEx2 Online Validator.

Problems:

  1. the Validator seems to expect the manifest to be stored somewhere, and accessible through a URL directly. Could this "somewhere" be on Wikidata? (as a raw file?)
  2. the query (or rather a fragment) can be added to the manifest explicitly as JsonEncoded text, while this is not the case for the schema: it needs to be hosted at a URL. Could we instead pass the text of the schema in the manifest?
  3. "check entities against this schema" on EntitySchema pages, for instance https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/EntitySchema:E130, seem to go to ShEx2 as well. How is this done?
pdehaye
@pdehaye
@pdehaye (a positive answer to 2. seems to be given here, but I don't know the encoding: https://github.com/shexSpec/shex.js/blob/master/packages/shex-webapp/examples/manifest.json )
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
@pdehaye , the validator takes arguements like:
schema[URL]=
data[URL]=
schema=... would be a url-encoded blob of ShExC
schemaURL=... would be a url-encoded URL for some ShExC
so you could pass the schema in via schema= rather than in the query
CaptSolo
@CaptSolo
ESWC has an open call for Workshop and Tutorial Proposals - perhaps it can be of interest to the ShEx community: https://2020.eswc-conferences.org/call-for-workshop-and-tutorial-proposals/
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
@CaptSolo , it's in Greece this year, right?
Could do our usual validation tutorial.
James Martin
@james-martin-jd
or show your form demo :)
pdehaye
@pdehaye
@ericprud so that looks super powerful, if combined with the wikidata wikitext templating, to get shex utility into many many more hands
does anyone know if the research funding ShEx work has made it into a wikidata EntitySchema? https://github.com/shexSpec/schemas/tree/master/Wikidata/research_funding
Denny Vrandečić
@vrandezo_twitter
Just if someone's here and has it from the top of their head: How do I say that I need a property P1 pointing to an N1 that has a P2 with X, and a property P1 (same as before) to an N2 that has a P2 with Y (X and Y being constants, N1 and N2 being variables). I will read the spec myself until I figure it out, but maybe this group will be faster :)
Denny Vrandečić
@vrandezo_twitter
i.e. every ClosedIssue must have two events associated with it using the "RelatatedEvent" property, one of type "OpeningOfIssue" and one of type "ClosingOfIssue"
Denny Vrandečić
@vrandezo_twitter
Actually, here's the whole question: this is the current schema https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/EntitySchema:E131
I would like to change that to something that says "German nouns have 8 lexicalForms, one is nominative singular, one is dativ singular, ..., one is accusative plural."
Denny Vrandečić
@vrandezo_twitter
I tried this, but that seems to kill my validator:
<de-n> {
dct:language [ wd:Q188 ] ;
wikibase:lexicalCategory [ wd:Q1084 ] ;
wikibase:lemma [ @de ] ;
wdt:P5185 [ wd:Q1775415 wd:Q499327 wd:Q1775461 ] ;
ontolex:lexicalForm {
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q131105;
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q146786;
ontolex:representation [ @de ];
};
ontolex:lexicalForm {
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q146233;
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q146786;
ontolex:representation [ @de ];
};
ontolex:lexicalForm {
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q146078;
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q146786;
ontolex:representation [ @de ];
};
ontolex:lexicalForm {
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q145599;
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q146786;
ontolex:representation [ @de ];
};
ontolex:lexicalForm {
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q131105;
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q110786;
ontolex:representation [ @de ];
};
ontolex:lexicalForm {
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q146233;
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q110786;
ontolex:representation [ @de ];
};
ontolex:lexicalForm {
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q146078;
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q110786;
ontolex:representation [ @de ];
};
ontolex:lexicalForm {
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q145599;
wikibase:grammaticalFeature wd:Q110786;
ontolex:representation [ @de ];
};
}
Denny Vrandečić
@vrandezo_twitter
got it! I was missing the [] around the individual values!
at least that works for passing data, but for failing data it times out... sigh... is there a different pattern I can try?
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
hi @vrandezo_twitter
ericprud @ericprud reading back
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
hmm, my guess is it would be building too large an error report.
but running it, i see lots of successful failures (if that makes any sense)
meaning it came back with an error
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
and the error messages seem pretty small
(scrolling to the bottom of the page to watch them as they come in)
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
btw, if we can install direct graph access to blaze, this process wil run thousands of times faster
CaptSolo
@CaptSolo
@ericprud yes, it's in Greece again
@ericprud (sorry for delayed reply)
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
it's ok. turns out the Web comes to my house
CaptSolo
@CaptSolo
to your house?
CaptSolo
@CaptSolo
@ericprud ah, ok. yay for the Web [coming to people's houses]!
Blake Regalia
@blake-regalia
Is there a place in the wiki to add refs to tools that support shex development such as syntax highlighters?
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
@blake-regalia , you can do PRs on https://github.com/shexSpec/shex.io/tree/master/www
i'm working towards shex.io hosting all of the apps (one reliable server, one place to manage SSL keys...)
that's complex, but either sticking tools into the Overview.html or adding a page for tools is quite easy
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
and if you're an expressjs wizard, i'd like help making express tools work with relative directories so i can make e.g. http://shex.io/webapps/shex-author work.
andrawaag
@andrawaag
The ShEx-CG meeting which runs every other week on wednesday 14:00 CEST seems to be incompatible with calendar’s people who would like to attend
Should we consider a new schedule? If so, what would be good time slots?
An alternative would be to stick with the current schedule (every 2nd wed at 14:00 cest) and plan focussed recorded webinars shared through e.g. youtube
ericprud @ericprud is pessimistic about all appeals sidereal convenience
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
@blake-regalia , i added a section for WebApps to shex.io
matrixbot
@matrixbot
elipna hello
elipna is this the right place to ask questions about shex?
Eric Prud'hommeaux
@ericprud
i believe matrixbot is something andra is setting up to bridge gitter to other platforms, n'est pas, @andrawaag ?
andrawaag
@andrawaag