Hi @JVankat, I have another topic. I'm not able to implement some of the requirements that our client has regarding the filters. Just for your info, we're still using v12, updating to v13 is already on our roadmap, but we can't do that at the moment.
Here are the requirements that I have problems with:
P.S.: Do you have news about the fix regarding the multi select issue?
Cheers @JVankat! I guess the CSS selector you mentioned in 2. is not available in v12 too... so I guess updating to v13 is necessary for us, asap. Thanks a lot! I'll discuss that with the client.
Another question, maybe you have an answer to that too, might also be that our client contacts you via e-mail in this regard. He can probably describe it better, but let's give it a try:
The client set up one filter data source, type XPath, condition grabbing one of the breadcrumb levels (I think it was the first level which reflects the first level section). The filter did not seem to include any of the sub-pages of the sections though. We don't understand why, is there a limitation?
concat(‘one’, ‘two’)is labeled invalid so some functions are disabled in the xpath. We need several to simulate a proper if then else in xpath 1.0
@Bongmaster407 I've just looked into it and see that the page you've sent me gets assigned the
Magazine value for the Section filter: https://snipboard.io/0swS4e.jpg - is this the expected behavior?
Otherwise upgrading to v13 shouldn't take that long, unless you have a lot of custom styles, as we've modified our class names, but we can help you with the migration.
And yes, it's holiday on monday in Germany, thanks! Have a nice weekend.
concat(substring(//h1, 1 div boolean(/html/head/meta[@name='ecosystem'][@content='hermes'])),substring(//title, 1 div not(/html/head/meta[@name='ecosystem'][@content='hermes'])))which is valid xpath 1.0. There are other ways to do this but they are longer strings of xpath code.
@JVankat, well that's because our client tried to include the sub-pages by adding a few more filter data sources, I think for the second and third level breadcrumb items. Actually it shouldn't be like that. All pages under "News and media" should be included in the filter "News and Media". Let me have look...
Argh, now I see what the problem is... the initial XPath does not return anything for the sub-pages, probably because the breadcrumb is placed somewhere else in the DOM... I didn't know that. So okay, that makes sense now. I haven't been looking into that problem before. I think the solution for that is to gather all XPaths that return the first breadcrumb item for all pages, right?
Hello, I hope you had wonderful bank holiday yesterday! At least the weather was marvellous. And I managed to update our ss360 integration to v13, yay!
But, I have another issue now. When I submit a search term, open the filter (we only have one) and select at least one filter option, the markup of the result heading with count (
#ss360-search-result-heading) changes and the caption (
ss360Config.results.caption) disappears. Could you please take a look into it.
initially before filtering:
<h2 id="ss360-search-result-heading" class="ss360-layer__heading"> <a class="ss360-layer__heading-anchor" tabindex="-1" href="#"> <span class="ss360-count">211</span> results found </a> </h2>
<h2 id="ss360-search-result-heading" class="ss360-layer__heading"> <span class="ss360-count">216</span> </h2>