These are chat archives for spring-cloud/spring-cloud

Oct 2016
nmquyet
@nmquyet
Oct 20 2016 13:55
Hi,
I pull the log4j config from config server but the response is not correct.
In the git repository the properties file content contain something like this: %clr{${sys:PID}} but the response from config server is %clr{PID}
I am using version spring cloud config version 1.1.2.RELEASE
Does config server alter the file's contents?
Marcos Barbero
@marcosbarbero
Oct 20 2016 13:57
Which version are you using?
Stian Lågstad
@stianlagstad
Oct 20 2016 13:58

Hi. I'm running a load test with 200 users over 10 seconds in my app. I've got these settings:

hystrix:
  threadpool:
    default:
      coreSize: 100
      maxQueueSize: 1000

How come I get a lot of these errors?
com.netflix.hystrix.exception.HystrixRuntimeException: MyClient#method(String,int,int,String,String) could not be queued for execution and fallback disabled.

Stephan L
@stephlag
Oct 20 2016 13:59
@stianlagstad What spring cloud version are you using?
Stian Lågstad
@stianlagstad
Oct 20 2016 14:00
I'm pretty confident that I should not be generating more than 1000 requests from these 200 users. Is there a way I can monitor the queue? The hystrix dashboard says this for one of my thread pools: https://s22.postimg.org/mm99f3r7l/Screenshot_from_2016_10_20_15_59_45.png Why does the queue size there say 5?
Camden.RELEASE :)
Marcos Barbero
@marcosbarbero
Oct 20 2016 14:02
The configserver doesn't change the content of any file in the git repository. But some times it gets stuck because of some change in the local repository so it cannot be pulled from repository.
In the Camden version you have a force-pull flag to solve it. @nmquyet
nmquyet
@nmquyet
Oct 20 2016 14:02
@marcosbarbero thanks very much
Marcos Barbero
@marcosbarbero
Oct 20 2016 14:03
You're welcome
:D
Johannes Edmeier
@joshiste
Oct 20 2016 16:51
Boot's 1.5.x package reorganizations in spring-projects/spring-boot#5822 breaks compatibility with spring cloud Camden. Are there any plans to support Boot 1.5 with Camden?
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Oct 20 2016 16:52
yes, how does it break it?
Johannes Edmeier
@joshiste
Oct 20 2016 16:53
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.ServletRegistrationBean
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Oct 20 2016 16:54
a little more context than that line?
Johannes Edmeier
@joshiste
Oct 20 2016 16:55
The class has been moved to .web.servlet. package (instead of .context.embedded.) and is referenced in ZuulConfiguration for example
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Oct 20 2016 17:24
spring-cloud/spring-cloud-netflix@8e6b643
@joshiste
:arrow_up:
Johannes Edmeier
@joshiste
Oct 20 2016 17:32
Thanx that was a quick fix :)
Leandro Borges
@lpborges
Oct 20 2016 17:38

Hi, I have a question about using Spring Cloud Stream with Reactor (since there's no spring-cloud-stream room, I don't know if its better ask here or at spring-integration room).
I have a controller that receive a Flux (with the new spring-web-reactor) and want to send the received objects to Kafka.
For now, I have a source channel:

interface PositionsChannel {

@Output
    MessageChannel output();
}

And I'm sending the messages one by one with doOnNext on my controller:

@PostMapping
@ResponseStatus(HttpStatus.CREATED)
public Mono<Void> savePositions(@RequestBody Flux<Position> positions) {
    return positions.doOnNext(p -> {
        positionsChannel.output().send(MessageBuilder.withPayload(p).build());
    }).then();
}

There is a better way to send a Flux to Kafka or is this the way to be done? At documentation theres just samples with processors that map the input to a output, so I'm still thinking if theres still something that I can do to benefit from reactive stream.

007bond007
@007bond007_twitter
Oct 20 2016 18:40
I imagine this has been asked before, but: The Spring Cloud Stream Brooklyn docs mention the ability to use both a Spring Cloud schema registry as well as Confluent. Are there any examples showing the full set of Maven/Gradle dependencies and any additional resources or other Java code to set up a Spring Cloud Streams registry server? I've searched and searched, and by following what the SCS documentation says should work, I get an error on startup about "Not a managed type: class org.springframework.cloud.stream.schema.server.model.Schema" is not a managed type.
```
007bond007
@007bond007_twitter
Oct 20 2016 18:48
This message was deleted
Jakub Kubryński
@jkubrynski
Oct 20 2016 19:48
Hi! Is there any implementation of the leadership election with Consul in Spring Cloud?
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Oct 20 2016 19:48
Jakub Kubryński
@jkubrynski
Oct 20 2016 19:50
is there any reason or is it just waiting to be implemented?
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Oct 20 2016 19:57
original PR was in spring cloud cluster project which is now deprecated. It would need to be built against spring integration.
Jakub Kubryński
@jkubrynski
Oct 20 2016 19:58
do you have it on any roadmap?
Spencer Gibb