These are chat archives for spring-cloud/spring-cloud

Jan 2017
szisti
@szisti
Jan 11 2017 11:32
Hi
Is there a way to completely disable zookeeper in the health endpoint?
I have some apps which do not use service discovery and would be great to disable this from the health check so that the app stays healthy while zookeeper goes down
or actually if you don't register in Zookeeper you should pick this one
cause the latter checks for state of Zookeeper connection
szisti
@szisti
Jan 11 2017 12:16
i want to register in zookeeper for dashboard but it's not critical for the app to work
Marcin Grzejszczak
@marcingrzejszczak
Jan 11 2017 12:16
np
Dmitriy Zakomirnyi
@dmi3zkm
Jan 11 2017 15:13

Hi there!
Does anyone know how Akka serialization-bindings config section should be written in yaml format so that spring cloud config could return proper json ?
I get:

"serialization-bindings": {
                "foo": {
                    "bar": {
                        "Buzz": "java"
                    }
                }
            }

when using yaml:

serialization-bindings:
      "foo.bar.Buzz": java

and ActorSystem crashes complaining it couldn't find class: "foo"
thus proper json should look something like:

"serialization-bindings": {
                "foo.bar.Buzz": "java"
            }
Felipe Adorno
@FelipeAdorno
Jan 11 2017 19:06
guys I have a problme with my zuul when I call service the exception is returned
{
  "timestamp": 1484161526943,
  "status": 401,
  "error": "Unauthorized",
  "message": "Full authentication is required to access this resource",
  "path": "/MONKEY-PAYABLE-UPLOAD-STATUS/v1/payable-uploads"
}
but I'd not use any authentication
how a disable security in zuul?
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 11 2017 19:07
There is no security in zuul
Felipe Adorno
@FelipeAdorno
Jan 11 2017 19:08
@spencergibb you thin is my other application the problem? because if I access direct the /MONKEY-PAYABLE-UPLOAD-STATUS/v1/payable-uploads response is 200 ok
Ryan Baxter
@ryanjbaxter
Jan 11 2017 19:18
unless for some reason you have included spring-security in your zuul app there is no security as @spencergibb said
Felipe Adorno
@FelipeAdorno
Jan 11 2017 19:19
I create a new zuul project using spring initializer and I'll test again
@ryanjbaxter and @spencergibb I testing Spring Oauth and I forgot the spring-security dependency in my project thanks for help
Ion Pana
@pionlionzion_twitter
Jan 11 2017 20:56
Hey, I am trying to use spring cloud config for external configuration and consul (with spring consul) for service discovery. My services are usable, but one of the health checks (for discovery client) reports a status unknown. The health check gets initialized, the services do register with consul, however the health indicator never gets the application initialized event. Any suggestions on where to look for potential causes? A secondary problem is that ConsulLifecycle (in spring cloud consul discovery) never gets a Servlet Context injected if I turn on spring cloud config use in a service.
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 11 2017 21:30
What do you mean "the health indicator never gets the application initialized event”?
Ion Pana
@pionlionzion_twitter
Jan 11 2017 21:34
org.springframework.cloud.client.discovery.health.DiscoveryClientHealthIndicator is the health indicator for the discovery client. It will report a status UP if it gets a InstanceRegisteredEvent. Spring creates an instance of the class, and it is polled by consul, but the event that should be fired somewhere from AbstractDiscoveryLifecycle.start() never makes it.
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 11 2017 21:46
looks like a bug in s-c-consul. You can disable it with spring.cloud.discovery.client.health-indicator.enabled=false.
Ion Pana
@pionlionzion_twitter
Jan 11 2017 21:51
Thanks - is it tracked somewhere though? It would be nice to upgrade once a fix is made. Also, any pointers on the servlet context problem? Basically it prevents the contextPath from making it to registration.
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 11 2017 21:51
nope, will you log an issue?
Ion Pana