These are chat archives for spring-cloud/spring-cloud

Jul 2017
Karthik Mahadeva Iyer
@alwaysastudent
Jul 27 2017 01:42
Hello @dsyer - Is there any support for header propagation implicitly with RestTemplate and FeignClient like it has for oauth2 in likes of OAuth2RestTemplate and OAuth2FeignRequestInterceptor ? Can you please advise
Dave Syer
@dsyer
Jul 27 2017 05:39
There's the new gateway project
Nothing else I can think of in that category
Abhishek Dujari
@abshkd
Jul 27 2017 07:49
All examples I have seen use Spring cloud as the oAuth2 provider in microservices stack. Is there anyway to have a 3rd party oauth2 authorization server for e.g. if want to use JWT from Google or Facebook instead?
but still have my cake with a gateway
Dave Syer
@dsyer
Jul 27 2017 07:53
I don't think you are looking very hard for samples.
Unless I misunderstand the question
This one has Facebook and Github: https://spring.io/guides/tutorials/spring-boot-oauth2/
Someone posted instructions in a PR for Google I think
AFAIK Facebook doesn't use JWT
But if they do offer that option the config is going to be similar to any other JWT resource
Abhishek Dujari
@abshkd
Jul 27 2017 07:55
@dsyer I have seen those, but I am unable to figure out how to get the authorization to a microservice.
But thank you for always being around to reply. Much appreciate it. I will start standalone app to see how it can be done
i am using JWT to pass information to microservice and we have our own internal provider that does do JWT. It's blackbox to me
the JWT I currently use is from Spring Security with JWT
on the gateway itself
Dave Syer
@dsyer
Jul 27 2017 07:58
If you need to use JWT and Facebook authentication, you might need your own Auth Server.
I'm really not very clear on what the problem is yet
Abhishek Dujari
@abshkd
Jul 27 2017 08:00
Sorry, let me try to explain. Currently I can do Auth and JWT from within Spring itself so thats what I use on the gateway. But I am required to use another oAuth2 provider not my standalone one which is Spring Security
as such I will have to send authorization requests to this oauth2 provider service
then if they do provide JWT i can use it, if not I have to create one as you said
but you have pointed me in the right direction
Dave Syer
@dsyer
Jul 27 2017 08:02
There's a sample in that tutorial that uses Facebook authentication and generates its own token.
Maybe that's what you need
Abhishek Dujari
@abshkd
Jul 27 2017 08:05
Thanks @dsyer I am not sure where you are physically, but its impressive how you are around all the time :smile:
Tommy Ludwig
@shakuzen
Jul 27 2017 08:10
Dr. Syer is omnipresent ;)