These are chat archives for spring-cloud/spring-cloud

Dec 2017
Ilayaperumal Gopinathan
@ilayaperumalg
Dec 20 2017 04:54
@iferca You can pass task application properties along with the definition. You can see this in doc: https://docs.spring.io/spring-cloud-dataflow/docs/1.2.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT/reference/htmlsingle/#_creating_a_task
Israel Fernández
@iferca
Dec 20 2017 12:16
@ilayaperumalg Thanks for your response. I don’t have cli access to Dataflow, is there a way to do that from the UI?
Ilayaperumal Gopinathan
@ilayaperumalg
Dec 20 2017 12:47
@iferca Yes, these are the task definition properties you can specify when create the task definition from UI
zhourong4pek
@zhourong4pek
Dec 20 2017 14:08
@zhourong4pek
how to change circuit breaker status be OPEN, i try to stop in fallbackMethod , but when I execute http://localhost:8080/health , only get {status: UP} , no hystrix related
there is no openCircuitBreaker in HystrixHealthIndicator.java
Israel Fernández
@iferca
Dec 20 2017 14:11
@ilayaperumalg That was my original question, I can’t find in the UI how to provide aditional properties like environment, etc. Can you please point me to the property or properties?
Ilayaperumal Gopinathan
@ilayaperumalg
Dec 20 2017 14:16
Israel Fernández
@iferca
Dec 20 2017 14:20
UI in versino 1.2.1.RELEASE looks way different than the one shown in the documentation, I think in doc screenshots are for the next release, anyway I’m struggling finding how I can pass properties other than the ones pre-defined. Again, I found that upon execution I can specify properties and arguments but I’m looking for something I can do during the definition so I don’t have to do that every time I execute the task
Sushant Borse
@sushant91265_twitter
Dec 20 2017 14:32
hey, is FallbackProvider class available in dalston sr1 spring-cloud ?
Israel Fernández
@iferca
Dec 20 2017 14:34
@ilayaperumalg I found the solution, whitelisting the properties do the trick! thanks
Ilayaperumal Gopinathan
@ilayaperumalg
Dec 20 2017 14:37
@iferca Just to note, whitelisting of properties are just to have them available in drop down/tab completion and you can still specify them via —option in the task defintiion (for instance via the place in the UI you can specify the task definition in the text box if you have access to the UI only - the bulk task definition page that is)
zhourong4pek
@zhourong4pek
Dec 20 2017 14:38
@sushant91265_twitter , I user following dependency <dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework.cloud</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-cloud-starter-hystrix</artifactId>
<version>1.3.4.RELEASE</version>s
</dependency>
Dave Syer
@dsyer
Dec 20 2017 15:57
FallbackProvider is a spring-cloud-netflix Zuul feature? In 2.0.0.
Sushant Borse
@sushant91265_twitter
Dec 20 2017 17:28
@dsyer so that means I'll need to update my spring cloud version to Dalston SR4 ?
Dave Syer
@dsyer
Dec 20 2017 17:46
2.0.0 is Finchley
I don't know if that feature is available in Dalston
Sushant Borse
@sushant91265_twitter
Dec 20 2017 17:49
ohh ok thanks
Dave Syer
@dsyer
Dec 20 2017 17:49
It might be. I didn't check. But if it isn't in sr1 it won't be in sr4.
Sushant Borse
@sushant91265_twitter
Dec 20 2017 17:50
yeah I'm using sr1 and getting not found exception so looks like not there .