These are chat archives for spring-cloud/spring-cloud

2nd
Feb 2018
Raja Sundaram
@zeagord
Feb 02 2018 06:33
Java EE JaxB contexts are not loaded by default for Eureka Server. Am I missing something?
Version: Java 9
Springboot: RC1
Spring Cloud: Finchley Snapshot
or is it a bug?
Raja Sundaram
@zeagord
Feb 02 2018 06:39
it works fine if I include it externally - compile('javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api:2.3.0')
Dave Syer
@dsyer
Feb 02 2018 07:19
Java 9 dropped those packages from the JDK
Raja Sundaram
@zeagord
Feb 02 2018 08:14
@dsyer - Correct me if I am wrong. Do the end user explicitly need to include it in the projects? Or it can be abstracted in the spring libs?
Dave Syer
@dsyer
Feb 02 2018 08:32
We can’t assume everyone will be using java9
The majority don’t
Raja Sundaram
@zeagord
Feb 02 2018 08:33
Ok. Thank you.
Stefanos Demetriou
@mougias
Feb 02 2018 10:37
I've seen some discussion on spring-cloud-consul not registering management service with consul, but has this been implemented? It seems that it doesn't respect spring.cloud.service-registry.auto-registration.register-management. Using boot 2.0.0.RC1 and spring cloud snapshot
Viktor Gal
@vigsterkr
Feb 02 2018 16:29
anybody knows if i define a List (or any collection of beans) how those beans gets initialised if i nest their bean properties in the configuration? say i have tasks.0.x = true and tasks.2.x = false and i would like this to be actually autowired in a class with a List<Task> tasks property. i've found that probably i should use @ConfigurationProperties but for some reason when i define the list the beans gets created but not their properties. any ideas?
nonysingh79
@nonysingh79
Feb 02 2018 17:29

@nonysingh79
Hi Experts, Can any one guide me why I could be getting such error while running spring boot application docker container. This runs fine when executed directly through Maven: Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
cu | Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/cloud/sleuth/Sampler
cu | at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
cu | at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701)
cu | at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(Class.java:3048)
cu | at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:3018)
cu | at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1784)
cu | at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.validateMainClass(LauncherHelper.java:544)
cu | at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:526)
parts from my POM : <parent>

</dependency>

<!-- Distributed Tracing -->
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.springframework.cloud</groupId>
        <artifactId>spring-cloud-sleuth-zipkin</artifactId>
    </dependency>

Any thing to do with versions?

I I comment out Bean for Sampler, I get similar JNI error : Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
cu | Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/security/oauth2/provider/OAuth2Authentication
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Feb 02 2018 18:08
@mougias what discussion? AFAIK it registers management
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Feb 02 2018 18:38
Stefanos Demetriou
@mougias
Feb 02 2018 18:46

@spencergibb the pull request here: spring-cloud/spring-cloud-consul#323

I'm talking about avoiding registration of management via configuration. There's a configuration property in spring cloud core for this , but spring-cloud-consul doesn't seem to consider it yet

Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Feb 02 2018 18:50
Yeah, it needs to be in s-c-commons
pradeepkusingh
@pradeepkusingh
Feb 02 2018 19:00
in one of my app , my spring boot and cloud app is not loading application.properties, where should I look into to find the root cause ?
Stefanos Demetriou
@mougias
Feb 02 2018 19:03
@pradeepkusingh you are probably either overwriting it (look at externalized configuration documentation for order), or you are doing the same mistake I did yesterday of using incompatible versions (boot 2.0.0.RC1 and cloud Finchley.M5)
pradeepkusingh
@pradeepkusingh
Feb 02 2018 19:06
@mougias Thanks, let me check..