These are chat archives for spring-cloud/spring-cloud

May 2018
ghoddg
@ghoddg
May 29 2018 10:11
Hi..I want to use rabbitmq with avro. but facing some issues.
2018-05-29 15:03:33.714 [event-publisher,,,] ERROR o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[.[dispatcherServlet] - Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcherServlet] in context with path [] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.messaging.MessageDeliveryException: failed to send Message to channel 'OrderGenerated'; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to register subject ordergenerated, server replied with status 404, failedMessage=GenericMessage [payload={"id": "0", "name": "Coffee", "createdAt": "2018-05-29T15:03:33.069"}, headers={id=60e50cf1-bd77-5d2f-bbc0-3a4a07ecef87, timestamp=1527586413484}]] with root cause
org.springframework.web.client.HttpClientErrorException: 404 null
at org.springframework.web.client.DefaultResponseErrorHandler.handleError(DefaultResponseErrorHandler.java:86)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.handleResponse(RestTemplate.java:708)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:661)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:621)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.exchange(RestTemplate.java:539)
at org.springframework.cloud.stream.schema.client.ConfluentSchemaRegistryClient.register(ConfluentSchemaRegistryClient.java:92)
at org.springframework.cloud.stream.schema.avro.AvroSchemaRegistryClientMessageConverter.resolveSchemaForWriting(AvroSchemaRegistryClientMessageConverter.java:242)
Can anyb ody help me or can provide any link where i can ask question on this?
Maciej Walkowiak
@maciejwalkowiak
May 29 2018 10:38
@ghoddg how about https://stackoverflow.com/?
ghoddg
@ghoddg
May 29 2018 10:39
Hi @maciejwalkowiak I have posted the query on https://stackoverflow.com/? also
But i thought if we have any community to discuss on this..so asked here
Maciej Walkowiak
@maciejwalkowiak
May 29 2018 10:43
Sure, i am just saying for questions & answers SO is the best place as you will reach more people.
ghoddg
@ghoddg
May 29 2018 10:52
yeah ..Thanks
ghoddg
@ghoddg
May 29 2018 12:33
I am using content-type: application/*+avro in binding while using rabbitmq with avro but it is giving converter error
please help
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
May 29 2018 17:12
@ghoddg I'd try the stream room https://gitter.im/spring-cloud/spring-cloud-stream
Sushant
@bsushant-athena
May 29 2018 18:03
hi, what all different ways are available for peer awareness in eureka? Specially if the deployment is in aws . I'm looking from zero downtime deployment view.
arkin
@arkin
May 29 2018 20:01
Hi, I tried to use the retry filter on SCG 2 with the sample app and it seems to go to an infinite loop instead of the default 3 retries.
This is all I added:
filters:
- name: Retry
I tried with httpbin.org/status/500
Should I open a bug?
This is with 2.0.0.RC2, btw.
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
May 29 2018 20:11
yes please
arkin
@arkin
May 29 2018 20:14
@spencergibb thx, done - spring-cloud/spring-cloud-gateway#339
Jakub Kubryński
@jkubrynski
May 29 2018 20:31
Hi! Is there any option to use Hystrix response cache in spring cloud?
I can't find it in the docs
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
May 29 2018 20:42
Nothing specifically keeping you from using it as documented in the hystrix docs
Jakub Kubryński
@jkubrynski
May 29 2018 20:54
In hystrix you should override the getCacheKey method on the HystrixCommand which in Spring Cloud is provided by the framework
or maybe I miss something?
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
May 29 2018 20:55
@HystrixCommand is provided by hystrix-javanica. Using a regular HystrixCommand programatically is where you would override the method
Jakub Kubryński
@jkubrynski
May 29 2018 20:57
I'm using Hystrix with Feign. Maybe Spring Cloud could configure the cache key based on the method parameters?
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
May 29 2018 20:57
we do nothing with the cache
feign / hystrix integration is in openfeign, not spring cloud
Jakub Kubryński