These are chat archives for spring-cloud/spring-cloud

Jun 2018
CH4:D
@chad_d_stud_twitter
Jun 28 2018 06:44

I tried following Dzone’s tutorial for Spring Cloud function but i get this error:

"errorMessage": "Class org.springframework.cloud.function.adapter.aws.SpringBootRequestHandler does not implement RequestHandler with concrete type parameters: parameter E has no upper bound."

Aurélien Leboulanger
@aleboulanger
Jun 28 2018 06:55
Hello, is there a way to override one of properties defined in the spring-cloud-dependencies BOM please ?
I have a constraint with the spring-cloud-dependencies version but i want to use a higher version for spring-cloud-sleuth
I tried to this option without success <dependency> <groupId>org.springframework.cloud</groupId> <artifactId>spring-cloud-dependencies</artifactId> <version>Dalsont.SR5</version> <type>pom</type> <scope>import</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.springframework.cloud</groupId> <artifactId>spring-cloud-sleuth</artifactId> <version>1.3.3.RELEASE</version> <scope>import</scope> <type>pom</type> </dependency>
I have two versions spring-cloud-sleuth librairies in result
chetz3
@chetz3
Jun 28 2018 07:31
Hello, i have a problem connecting to websocket in one of the service from zuul via eureka service id can anyone help me ?
Marcos Barbero
@marcosbarbero
Jun 28 2018 07:56
@chetz3 Zuul doesn't support WebSocket
CH4:D
@chad_d_stud_twitter
Jun 28 2018 08:42

I don’t get it. why does it keep telling me this?

'functionController' defined in URL [jar:file:/var/task/lib/spring-cloud-function-web-1.0.0.RELEASE.jar!/org/springframework/cloud/function/web/flux/FunctionController.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 1; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No qualifying bean of type 'org.springframework.cloud.function.web.flux.StringConverter' available: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate. Dependency annotations:
{}

The only implementation for this is BasicStringConverter and it’s private static
chetz3
@chetz3
Jun 28 2018 09:38
Hey thanks for the reply @marcosbarbero, If zuul doesnt support websocket is there any way i can use websockets using service's to work with spring cloud ?
Marcos Barbero
@marcosbarbero
Jun 28 2018 09:40
you can try spring-cloud-gateway, it does support websocket communication, read more here.
chetz3
@chetz3
Jun 28 2018 09:43
yes tried that but i am not able to find deps for {code}ThrottleGatewayFilterFactory {code}
Marcos Barbero
@marcosbarbero
Jun 28 2018 09:44
what you mean?
CH4:D
@chad_d_stud_twitter
Jun 28 2018 11:03
is there a naming convention for spring cloud functions? the sample tutorial from dzone uploads and executes fine on my lambda function but once i start renaming the packages it fails with “No function defined"
CH4:D
@chad_d_stud_twitter
Jun 28 2018 14:52
@marcosbarbero cloud functions is resource hungry. If it doesn’t start up a hello world in under 60s it also give an outofmemory exception
Fabricio
@ofabricio
Jun 28 2018 16:23
is it ok to use a route filter (zuul) to change the request body? or i should always use a pre filter?
Tyler Van Gorder
@tkvangorder
Jun 28 2018 17:51
@aleboulanger You might find this blog post from Dave Syer useful: https://spring.io/blog/2016/04/13/overriding-dependency-versions-with-spring-boot
Chandrakanth Reddy
@CHANDRAKANTHREDDY93
Jun 28 2018 18:06

@CHANDRAKANTHREDDY93
Hi All
I'm new to java
Is there some one who can help me
I'm developing spring boot rest api using Mono and Flux reactors
I've created a GET method which return a set of JSON values

lets say I've a json response as follows
{
"id" : "123",
"name": "xyz",
},
{
"id" : "1234",
"name": "abc",
},
{
"id" : "12345",
"name": "pqr",
}
]
How to get count of name from the following json

arkin
@arkin
Jun 28 2018 19:51
I cannot seem to set PoolKeepAliveTime in spring-cloud-netflix because the property is read as a String and then there is a check for "instanceof Long", which it always fails. Is 1.4.x still accepting bug reports?
Here is the line with the bug:
arkin
@arkin
Jun 28 2018 23:55
Opened an issue and created a PR .
spring-cloud/spring-cloud-netflix#3039