These are chat archives for spring-cloud/spring-cloud

Jan 2019
Jacky Chan
@linux-china
Jan 30 01:13
Hi guys, anybody use mono to flux feature in spring cloud function like this
@Bean
public Function<Mono<String>, Flux<String>> uppercase2() {
return name -> Flux.just("first", "second");
}
I got error "message": "reactor.core.publisher.FluxIterable cannot be cast to reactor.core.publisher.Mono",
Christoffer SOOP
@chrsoo
Jan 30 07:35

Hi,

I have created a cloud-config-operator project that synchronises Kubernetes deployments with a configuration state managed in Spring Cloud Config.

With the right setup of configuration files in Git and the use of Kubernetes YAML templates any kind of application can be managed. Typically all apps in the same environment would share the same YAML deployment specification but when there is a need it can be replaced with a version dedicated to a given app.

The project is still in an early phase and the current 0.2 version is functional but mostly untested. It works locally on Docker CE with Kubernetes I am just trying it out on a Docker EE Kubernetes cluster.

I am very interested in feedback on both the idea and its execution - feel free to contact me for any questions!

Samet Baskıcı
@baskicisamet
Jan 30 11:29
Hi,
Is there any way to inject spring managed bean to function in spring cloud function.
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 30 15:47
@chrsoo repo anywhere?
springroll12
@springroll12
Jan 30 16:17
I am struggling to understand the use case for spring-cloud-config over spring-cloud-consul if you have consul in your cluster already. So far the only downside I can think of is that consul does not allow storing the config in a database (memory only), which SCCS does. Am I missing anything? I have a very small cluster at the moment, so I don't think it would make sense to run both SCCS and consul (and vault) when I don't need to.
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 30 16:17
nope
Christoffer SOOP
@chrsoo
Jan 30 19:35
@spencergibb - stupid of me to forget the link, thanks for adding it to the conversation!
springroll12
@springroll12
Jan 30 20:27
@spencergibb did you mean I am not.missing anything?
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 30 20:27
correct
SAnumala
@anumalasri
Jan 30 21:45

Hi .. We are trying to upgrade our stack to latest spring-cloud and sprint-cloud-netflix . As part of that we have upgraded to latest available version 'Finchley.SR2'
We are experiencing weired error from org.springframework.cloud.netflix.archaius

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.cloud.netflix.archaius.ArchaiusAutoConfiguration':
Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field 'externalConfigurations'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'configurableEnvironmentConfiguration' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/cloud/netflix/archaius/ArchaiusAutoConfiguration.class]:

Post-processing of merged bean definition failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to introspect Class [org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractConfiguration] from ClassLoader [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@18b4aac2]
Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'configurableEnvironmentConfiguration':
Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?

Has anyone experienced this error before ? How to troubleshoot and resolve it ?

Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 30 21:48
What version of boot @anumalasri ?
SAnumala
@anumalasri
Jan 30 21:48
2.1.2.RELEASE
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 30 21:48
Finchley is only compatible with boot 2.0.x. Greenwich.RELEASE is compatible with boot 2.1.x
SAnumala
@anumalasri
Jan 30 21:50
Thanks @spencergibb .. Let me update cloud version and try again.
SAnumala
@anumalasri
Jan 30 22:15
We are still facing the issue, even after upgrading to Greenwich.RELEASE. .. We will try to downgrade boot version and try again..
Dan Perron
@CH-DanPerron
Jan 30 22:16
Trying to get Spring Cloud Data Flow up and running with metrics. I've got the metrics container running, but it doesn't seem to be working with my data flow server. Any thoughts on how to debug the connection between them?
Dan Perron
@CH-DanPerron
Jan 30 22:32
(found the issue, metrics container wasn't pointed at the right endpoint for rabbit)
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 30 22:38
@anumalasri doing anything specifically with archaius?
SAnumala
@anumalasri
Jan 30 22:43
Nothing special .. its coming as transitive dependency from other netflix dependencies
Spencer Gibb
@spencergibb
Jan 30 22:53
Something specific is causing early initialization. Any chance you can produce a small sample that recreates the problem?
SAnumala
@anumalasri
Jan 30 22:59
I will try .... mean while, any suggestion to troubleshoot bean dependency .