These are chat archives for spyder-ide/public

Mar 2018
hofingermarkus
@hofingermarkus
Mar 26 2018 20:16
@ccordoba12 Before incorporating your request a short question, since I haven't worked with github pull requests so far...
-> shall I now create a new branch e.g. add-ipy-jedi-option as suggested above - rebased on the newest 3.x version that conatins all changes so far?
Or would that break the Pull Request?
hofingermarkus
@hofingermarkus
Mar 26 2018 20:22
And as far as the tests are concerned - How could I test if the code completions works in the ipython console? I haven't found a good example in the existing codebase so far...
hofingermarkus
@hofingermarkus
Mar 26 2018 20:30
Or would you just want to see If my settings reach the ipython console, similar to the test "test_conf_env_vars"
Carlos Cordoba
@ccordoba12
Mar 26 2018 20:45

@hofingermarkus, I'll answer you here for now, but please post your messages in the PR for next time.

shall I now create a new branch e.g. add-ipy-jedi-option as suggested above

No, that could break your work. Just address my review and we'll be ready to merge

How could I test if the code completions works in the ipython console?

It's really not an easy task, so I think we can skip it for now

hofingermarkus
@hofingermarkus
Mar 26 2018 20:45
ok
I'll push it now
Carlos Cordoba
@ccordoba12
Mar 26 2018 20:46
Thanks!
hofingermarkus
@hofingermarkus
Mar 26 2018 20:53
Btw. thank you guys for your work on spyder :)
Carlos Cordoba
@ccordoba12
Mar 26 2018 20:57
@hofingermarkus, no problem. By the way, there's still a comment of mine you didn't address in your last commit
hofingermarkus
@hofingermarkus
Mar 26 2018 21:01
Oh sorry, I probably shouldn't do those kind of things after a 12h workday...
I'll correct that tomorrow morning ....
Carlos Cordoba
@ccordoba12
Mar 26 2018 21:03
Ok, no problem. Thanks :+1:
hofingermarkus
@hofingermarkus
Mar 26 2018 21:04
Btw. Do you guys have some form of integration for theses change requests into your code tools or do you always switch back and forth between the editor and the browser?
CAM Gerlach
@CAM-Gerlach
Mar 26 2018 21:23

I'm not sure you mean by browser...could you elaborate?

Also, sorry if I confused you with my tips; as I tried to make clear, they were just something to keep in mind for the future.