@/all Hey everybody! A few very important announcements:
• Due to an unfortunate last-minute scheduling change on the part of our boat provider with our pre-launch tours, we have to shift the tour times earlier by 1-2 hours (depending on the tour). They will still be the same full length (3:30), just earlier. The 9:00am-12:30pm tour is now 8:00-11:30am; the 1:00-4:30pm tour is now 11:30am-3:00pm, and the 5:00-8:30pm tour is now 3:00-6:30pm. If this changes anyone's availability for a specific tour, please let us know within 48 hours so we can adjust your information accordingly in our system and assign you to the correct time slot. If you are no longer available for any tour, we can refund your money if you let us know within the same time period. Sorry about this, and thanks for bearing with us as we are doing this for the first time. We will clarify our communications with the boat provider to make sure this does not reoccur in the future.
• As Evan announced, if you were unable to purchase cookies or T-shirts or would like to buy more, you can! Just click the
Add Items to Order button on your confirmation page (link in the email or
CODE is your 4-character confirmation code. Please do so within 24 hours so we can make sure your items arrive in time before launch.
• If you want to confirm your tickets, boat/tour preferences and extras, these are now displayed your personal status page as well.
• Final boat assignments for the launch are currently in work and should be visible on your status page by tonight, and tour assignments likely Thursday morning after all are booked and any modifications due to the time change are made. Thanks for your patience!
• Currently, we are sold out on launch tickets and have 4 tour tickets remaining, although we may be able to secure a small number of additional boat slots over the next two days, so stayed tuned!
We can't wait to see everybody out there on launch day!
or rather was never meant to
Yes, that was me :) (An insider source told me the whole story)
Does this change anything to the location that the boats will be positioned
Not much, but It does help us optimize the position slightly for the land landing; we'll be about ~8 km away with a direct line of sight to the pads.
@/all Important Info: Hey everybody! We finally got the last tours booked and everything figured out, so your final tour assignments are now available (an early version was published earlier this morning)! Fortunately, we were able to give all but 3 of you your top choice; the other 3 got their second or third. Check your personal status page (in the email, or
https://book.star-fleet.tours/reservation/XXXX where XXXX is your 4-character confirmation code) to see what you were assigned.
In other news, launch still looks to be on schedule for Monday night, and the weather looks pretty good for Monday during the day, at least for Florida in the summer. We will meet up at Grill's Bike Pit in Port Canaveral 505 Glenn Creek Dr.; see attached aerial image for details. For the launch, be there a bare minimum of one hour prior to our 10:30 PM departure time for checkin, although we strongly recommend you allow up to an hour extra to ensure you get a free parking spot and to account for unexpected delays due to the high traffic volume expected. For the tours, please be there 30 minutes in advance of departure, and we recommend an extra 30 minutes or more to be safe. For either, we'll have chairs, tables and a tent up and will have water and cookies, and you can purchase drinks and food from Grills restaurant right from our premises (or grab a bite to eat there; just please don't loiter at tables there since they are providing us the bike bit location to hang out).
Either way, remember to bring bug spray, sunscreen (for tours), binoculars, and a light jacket just in case; we'll provide some water/soft drinks and anti-nasuea pills but feel free to bring your own, alcoholic or otherwise (no glass bottles for safety reasons). Please have your status page with the QR code either printed out or on your phone, so we can check you in. We'll giving out colored wristbands to keep track of what boat you are on; you will need one to board your boat. If you are not checked in by 30 minutes to go, you will be in danger of loosing your spot to standbys, unless you call/text me at 571-488-5878 to make other arrangements. Due to the number of people on the trip, we will not be able to delay our departure past 10:30 PM, so please try to be on time or you will forfeit your seat.
Larger boats (OO2, TnT 1, TnT 2): You will get a colored wristband corresponding to your chosen boat; you will need the correct color to board. You're free to trade spots on another boat by mutual agreement, but both parties need to be the same size, and I will need both parties to message me or inform me in person that they confirm the trade prior to wristbands being distributed at checkin.
Small Boats (SL1-SL4): You will all get wristbands of one common color, and you're free to swap between them and pick which actual boat of the four you go out on at any time prior to boarding, by mutual agreement, so long as we have 6 people on each boat. If there is any disagreement on which group gets which physical boat, boat choice priority goes to the group with the earliest reservation.
Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions! Can't wait to see everyone at the Cape!
@/all Hey everyone! So, so, so glad everything worked out and we could share this awesome launch with everyone; it was my first night launch and I hope the journey, the experience and the memory is as a priceless treasure for each of you as it will be for me; knowing that around 150 of my fellow launch enthusiasts were experiencing the same wonder and awe alongside me was what made it forever special. Thanks to @paul, @Nik and @Will Glynn for their help along with many others, Captains Dusty, Greg, Ronnie, Rick, John and their crews for the boats, Julia and the SCLA for helping with the tours, and all of you here for your support making this possible and for coming out with us. And of course, to @EvanDotPro and @Steven for...well, everything!
T-SHIRTS ARE HERE! Come pick them up from 3pm to 6pm at Rising Tide restaurant right behind Grills, we'll be sitting outside. If you can't make it, let us know and we can issue you a full refund, but we hope everyone can get their T-shirts. Thanks!
awesome ... and this is the link where the tickets will be released at 12?