These are chat archives for systemjs/systemjs

Oct 2015
Guy Bedford
@guybedford
Oct 07 2015 11:39
@capaj what use case are you looking at for this?
I'm trying to push for this to be provided through the loader API in whatwg/loader#51
I think its a key feature to deal with the performance issues of SystemJS
any help advocating for that is appreciated
Peter Müller
@Munter
Oct 07 2015 11:46
Having the dependency tree information in scope in the runtime would also allow for proper development tools to be built to help debug the runtime
Guy Bedford
@guybedford
Oct 07 2015 12:08
yeah please post there if you can, very difficult to get attention on this
(I posted trace questions to es discuss twice with no response)
Peter Müller
@Munter
Oct 07 2015 12:10
Done
Jiri Spac
@capaj
Oct 07 2015 13:10
@guybedford I am just experimenting with reloading parts of my react app. Not very succesfully so far-
I thought that if I would delete a module and all modules that import that module with System.delete, then reimport all of them again that it would work
Jiri Spac
@capaj
Oct 07 2015 13:13
but it did not.
@Munter I have. My experience with that was such that it always reloaded the whole page for me
Peter Müller
@Munter
Oct 07 2015 13:14
Sounds like a bug. That's not what it's supposed to do
Unless you have some sort of bundler running in front of it all
Jiri Spac
@capaj
Oct 07 2015 13:15
no, I run straight from JSPM
on regular http-server
Peter Müller
@Munter
Oct 07 2015 13:18
Looks like some of the PR's on jspm-server bring back later systemjs version compatibility
Jiri Spac
@capaj
Oct 07 2015 13:19
@Munter that would be great
Peter Müller
@Munter
Oct 07 2015 13:21
@geelen How much time do you have left over after css modules in the near future? Do you need contributors to take a look at jspm-server?
Jiri Spac
@capaj
Oct 07 2015 13:29
@Munter I always thought, that react-hot-api wouldn't be needed with JSPM. Wouldn't it be better to just rerender the whole app again in the root DOM element? Renderin the app is very cheap operation in my use cases. It's the fetching of scripts over http which is dog slow.
Peter Müller
@Munter
Oct 07 2015 13:36
If you have no hot reloading mechanism, how would you push the updates to the client?
Sure, we can re-render a thousand times. Doesn't really matter if the updated code isn't there
Guy Bedford
@guybedford
Oct 07 2015 14:21
@capaj re-executing all code via a refresh still takes time even when cached in the browser
will always be quicker in development to swap out changed modules
Jiri Spac
@capaj
Oct 07 2015 15:17
@guybedford yes, I would only want to reexecute React.js render of the app
nothing else
Guy Bedford
@guybedford
Oct 07 2015 16:22
@capaj yes that's a much more general type of reloading scenario than per-component hot swapping, which can have side effect issues
Simon Hampton
@simonh1000
Oct 07 2015 18:42
QQ: trying to follow the angular2 quickstart. Online tutorials are all out of date as regards angular, and as regards systemjs
have installed everything via jspm
but getting errors like GET http://127.0.0.1:8080/zone.js 404 (Not Found). In my config.js I have
    "npm:angular2@2.0.0-alpha.39": {
      "buffer": "github:jspm/nodelibs-buffer@0.1.0",
      "crypto": "github:jspm/nodelibs-crypto@0.1.0",
      "fs": "github:jspm/nodelibs-fs@0.1.2",
      "path": "github:jspm/nodelibs-path@0.1.0",
      "process": "github:jspm/nodelibs-process@0.1.2",
      "reflect-metadata": "npm:reflect-metadata@0.1.2",
      "rx": "npm:rx@2.5.1",
      "zone.js": "npm:zone.js@0.5.8"
    },
Simon Hampton
@simonh1000
Oct 07 2015 18:48
no sooner asked than found @robwormald 's tutorial https://gist.github.com/robwormald/429e01c6d802767441ec
Glen Maddern
@geelen
Oct 07 2015 23:21
@Munter very little atm, let's chat over in https://gitter.im/geelen/jspm-server