I am a newbie on iOS development and would like to share my experience on installing AirFloat on a 8.3 iOS using Xcode 7.1.1 for FREE.
Sometimes the obvious for experienced users may take us ages to figure out… Well, the idea here is to try to help people with no iOS dev experience to install this great app.
Experienced users, please correct any error you may find…
- Download Xcode 7. It allows the creation of a personal development account for free
- Grant development privileges your apple id - NO need for paid subscriptions! (Google it for how-to)
- Set Xcode to use your apple id (Google it for how-to)
- Download Airfloat (airfloat-master.zip) from https://github.com/trenskow/AirFloat
- Download Airfloat Library (libairfloat-master.zip) from https://github.com/trenskow/libairfloat
- Create a new folder Developer under your user
- Unzip airfloat-master.zip in the /your-user/Developer/
- Unzip libairfloat-master.zip
- Copy the all files and directories UNDER /your-user/Developer/libairfloat-master/ folder INTO /your-user/Developer/AirFloat-master/libairfloat/
Note you will have a libairfloat folder under another libairfloat folder. This should be fine.
This prevents the libairfloat ("missing dependency target") errors during build phase.
- Open Xcode
- Enable your iPhone device in Xcode (Google it for how-to)
- Select your iPhone device (on the top left
- Open airfloat-master folder
- Solve any signing issues (Google it for how-to)
- Build the application (play button on top left)
- In case of bitcode error, search for “Enable Bitcode” option from Building Settings and set it to No
That’s it. With Xcode 7, you can have the cool features from AirFloat for free.
Thanks to Kristian Trenskow for the incredible work on this great application!