These are chat archives for typelevel/scala

May 2017
Denis Mikhaylov
@notxcain
May 15 2017 08:34
Hi! Is there anyone who uses TLS with IntelliJ IDEA? Often when I compile a project using IDEA I get Error:scalac: Multiple 'scala-library*.jar' files (scala-library-2.12.2.jar, scala-library-2.12.2-bin-typelevel-4.jar) in Scala compiler classpath in Scala SDK SBT: org.typelevel:scala-library:2.12.2-bin-typelevel-4:jar.
Denis Mikhaylov
@notxcain
May 15 2017 08:49
scalaOrganization is not supported yet . So please vote for this issue https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/SCL-11356
Justin Kaeser
@jastice
May 15 2017 08:50
to be precise, scalaOrganization is supported for dotty already but not TLS :)
Denis Mikhaylov
@notxcain
May 15 2017 08:53
All hail Dotty :)
Sam Halliday
@fommil
May 15 2017 09:21
Even if that is supported, there is a lot of work to support the new language features. TL needs contributors in that area, I see it as a major blocker to adoption of FP in Scala.
Edmund Noble
@edmundnoble
May 15 2017 09:24
@fommil Speaking of does ENSIME get https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/SCL-8969 right?
I've been abused by IntelliJ for so long I'm willing to switch even as a vim lover
(yes I love vim please do not tell my parents)
Dale Wijnand
@dwijnand
May 15 2017 09:31
Yeah, looks like kind-projector works fine in ensime: https://twitter.com/fommil/status/850077692556980224
Sam Halliday
@fommil
May 15 2017 09:35
It sort of works. There are some bugs in KP but I added tests over there so if you were really interested you could dive in and fix upstream​. There is always the risk that it's a scalac bug but we should get better as a community at fixing these bugs. It's previously been discussed in this room that such topics should be in scala/contributors because there is no interest in TL improvements to the PC.
Edmund Noble
@edmundnoble
May 15 2017 09:35
The title of the bug is misleading
It's not KP
The comment illustrates it
IntelliJ does not understand type lambdas of any kind even without KP
Sam Halliday
@fommil
May 15 2017 09:36
Fundamentally ensime uses scalac but intellij uses its own compiler. You'd be best just trying it.
Edmund Noble
@edmundnoble
May 15 2017 09:36
Alrighty I shall. Can't be worse ;)
Also if KP works with cross projects it's already a leg up
Sam Halliday
@fommil
May 15 2017 09:37
Welcome to the party
I'd like to write a task that would let you check without setting up ensime, but I have no time.
e.g. sbt pccompile
It'd be awesome for the community build and kick-starting contributions in this area.
Sam Halliday
@fommil
May 15 2017 09:47
@edmundnoble I trust you know to start at http://ensime.org
Edmund Noble