we need to schedule the job, so spades requests a set amount of memory before it can be scheduled.
We do not have a good, accurate model yet for how much memory spades uses based on input settings, so, we set it to a high number that can accommodate the full range of assemblies being conducted on EU.
Unfortunately that means for even small assemblies, spades is a "big" job that is hard to find space for in our a queue.
queuedhave been actually resubmitted because they crashed.
Regarding my Query Tabular issue, I found a workaround: when I rerun it, if I expand the Table Options for each input table when re-invoking the tool then the options are correctly selected. If I don't they seem to be lost more likely than not. See e.g.
where dataset 7 was created from datasets 1-6. Dataset 8 failed when the "rerun" button was pressed followed immediately by the Execute button. Using the "circle-i" button, inspection shows that
Use first line as column names is set to false for all tables for Dataset 8 whereas it was set to true for all tables for Dataset 7.
Right now I am thwarted in my effort to set up another galaxy instance to reproduce it there.