These are chat archives for webjars/webjars

21st
Jun 2015
Simeon H.K. Fitch
@metasim
Jun 21 2015 20:00
@jamesward I’ve been doing some prototyping with Scalatra, and figured out that the "Instructions for Servlet 2” steps work for Scalatra (it being a DSL on Servlets). I thought it would be helpful to have Scalatra listed as one of the instruction pages, and am happy to put together a PR if you are in concurrence.
James Ward
@jamesward
Jun 21 2015 22:03
I'm not sure what to do with that one since there are a lot of Servlet 2 frameworks that should have basically the same instructions as the Servlet 2 ones. However, if there are specific things that would be helpful then feel free to send a PR for Scalatra.
Simeon H.K. Fitch
@metasim
Jun 21 2015 22:05
Good to know. Impetous is that this blog details how to use WebJars with Scalatra, but is basically unnecessary if you just put the servlet in the web.xml file. Wondering if new people to scalatra might not know that it’s just a DSL over plain ‘ol Java Servlets.
I started down the path outlined by that blog, and the did a “wait a minute….”.
Maybe an aside/comment on the "Servlet 2” page that this covers Scalatra? Or do you think this is a Scalatra community problem?
i.e. I can see about posting docs info there.
James Ward
@jamesward
Jun 21 2015 22:09
Maybe 3 things:
  1. A comment on the blog about this.
  2. A list of frameworks that fall under the Servlet 2 category in the Servlet 2 docs on webjars.org (for google searches for like "webjars scalatra")
  3. Some official docs in the Scalatra project about using WebJars
Simeon H.K. Fitch
@metasim
Jun 21 2015 22:11
That would certainly be the best comprehensive approach. I’m just starting out with Scalatra, so I don’t really know the community but I can reach out and see how amenable they are to documentation PRs. There’s certainly a natural place where some instructions could go.
Hopefully doing so would drive some traffic.
(to using webjars)
While I’m thinking about it: is WebJarAssets.locate(…) a Play Framework-only function?
James Ward
@jamesward
Jun 21 2015 22:15
It is a wrapper for a webjars-locator-core method.
Simeon H.K. Fitch