These are chat archives for zeke8402/booking-app

Dec 2015
Zeke
@zeke8402
Dec 13 2015 18:38
hey man, yeah it's gonna be crazy with that and the holidays coming up. I just got your project installed though and will be going through it today
Zeke
@zeke8402
Dec 13 2015 18:44
This is what I see for availability http://puu.sh/lUdcw/fbdaa9cd15.png
So what's confusing to me is the fact that there's no way to set availability based on time period e.g. 10:30, 11:30 etc. How do you plan on addressing appointment overlapping? Also, I think it would deter a lot of customers if they had to sign up and register just to book an appointment. Other than that I want to say it looks very nice and you were 100% right, we're solving different problems here haha!
Ariel Vallese
@alariva
Dec 13 2015 19:42
Exactly
So, what you find here is that actually I'm planning to have different booking strategies.
And so far, I've implemented just one, which I call DATESLOT, this means reserving a date, with a fixed time.
This comes from a previous app I have in production, which one of my clients use this type of booking, so I started from here.
But then, there'll be another strategy called TIMESLOT, which would be using Date and Time
And for this, the same Appointment Model can be used
What would change is the reservation algorithm.
And that reservation strategy would fit well for businessess like hairdressers, spa, doctors, etc.
Unfortunately I haven't yet covered this idea with proper documentation so your comments are perfectly well said.
Zeke
@zeke8402
Dec 13 2015 20:04
Okay cool, yeah I actually started this for a friend and he required the date & time because his appointments take upwards of 8 hours :O
car detailer
Zeke
@zeke8402
Dec 13 2015 20:10
Honestly I don't plan on taking my app any further than single user appointment booking, possibly adding the ability to have multiple employees you can choose to book with. But once I'm done I would very much like to collaborate and adapt my code for your TIMESLOT strategy :), I came on github looking for collab experience so this seems like a great opportunity.
Ariel Vallese
@alariva
Dec 13 2015 21:47
Well, sound like perfect, then.
I'm willing to make the timegrid booking engine a module instead of embedded functions in the app, but I have to round up things before I think on encapsulating funcs.
Let me know if I can help with your code piece, and if you don't mind, Id like the Timeslot strategy to implement kind of the workflow you use in your app. Well,, just some ideas, let me know!
Ariel Vallese
@alariva
Dec 13 2015 21:52
BTW, my client is a Car Repair garage, but the difference is they always receive the cars at 8am and have a maximum storage/reception capacity for each service. Thats why you see timegrid operating that way. I'll open a branch for implementing the timeslot strategy.
Zeke
@zeke8402
Dec 13 2015 23:28
ah, makes sense. Modules sounds like the best idea.